Go Bold: The New Way to Set Your Spring Table
Alfresco dining is one of the best parts of warmer weather. Follow these five steps made for setting your table in style.
From gorgeous napery to atmospheric lighting and vibrant florals, a sumptuous dining experience is all in the details. Follow our foolproof guide to curating a welcoming summer tablescape that will wow dinner-party guests. Better yet, embrace golden hour in the great outdoors with our picnic tip – the perfect way to make the most of the season.
1. Reach for luxe napkins and tonal tablecloths to add colour and texture to your tablescape. Cotton and linen napery are the tried-and-tested heroes of dining, while trending textiles in rich, warm hues are an ode to the brighter days of spring ahead. If the weather’s fine, take alfresco dining to the next level by investing in a quality picnic rug that will last the season and set yourself up (well, down) on the ground.
2. Give your dinner table a spring update by selecting glassware in this season’s trending tones. Whether you’re sipping from champagne coupes or serving cocktails in crystal tumblers, the right glassware will reinvigorate your tablescape to keep the good vibes flowing all evening long.
3. There’s something effortlessly cool about mismatched tableware. Kitschy patterned plates, playful prints and striking textures bring a lively spring energy to any dining experience. For a picnic-friendly alternative, opt for tableware in vibrant melamine rather than pretty (but fragile) porcelain or china.
4. Look to nature for your decorating inspiration and adorn your tablescape with the season’s finest. Lush foliage, in-season blooms and heaping bowls of citrus add an element of spring delight to every host’s table. Let the season guide your cooking, too, and set your menu based on what’s in season.
5. The final step to elevating your spring tablescape is ambient lighting. From tea lights in glass jars to trending pillar candles at different heights or coloured tapered candles and statement holders, the right light will help set the mood. Empty bottles are the perfect makeshift holder in a pinch if you find yourself spontaneously setting the table.
Ecology Fray Table Runner
Ceramic Tealight Holder
Cafe Flute Glasses
Ambrosia Palm New Bone China Dinner Set
Cellar Tonic Double Old Fashion Glass
Ecology Freehand Blue Napkins
Tropical Leaf Outdoor Picnic Mat
Reed Dinner Piece Set
Fauz Rattan Fruit Bowl
Robert Gordon Garden To Table Candlestick Holder Granite
Pink Palm Hiball Glasses