Foost Traffic Light Fruit Salad Crumble Recipe
This recipe makes for a great snack, fantastic dessert or even for breakfast. This is a delicious recipe that's a great hit with the kids.
Servings: 1 | Cook Time: 20 min
- ⅓ cup red fruit (strawberries, red apple, raspberries - can use frozen, watermelon)
- ⅓ cup orange fruit (banana, cantaloupe, mandarin, orange, mango, pineapple -can use canned)
- ⅓ cup green fruit (kiwi fruit, green apple, rock melon, green grapes, pear)
- Half cup Natural Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons oats
- ½ tablespoon coconut
- ½ tablespoon dried fruit (sultanas, cranberries, dates)
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nuts or seeds (sunflower, pepitas, sesame)
- Wash/peel and dice fruit, leave on chopping board in piles of different coloured fruit (Why not get the kids involved using our Foost first or next knife?).
- In a separate bowl mix together yoghurt and raspberries. Put yoghurt mix in the bottom of a tall glass or bowl.
- Top with orange/yellow fruits. Top with green fruit.
- Mix together oats, coconut, dried fruit, cinnamon and seeds.
- Top with oat mixture (home made muesli).
- You can use any fruit in this recipe (eg. peaches, apricots, blueberries, tinned, frozen). Mix some chopped mint and lime juice into the green layer of fruit.
- Try adding a layer of passion fruit on top of the yoghurt (if using).